Simsbury Department of Continuing Education
155 Firetown Road, Simsbury, CT 06070
phone (860) 658-3870/fax (860) 651-2903
OFFICE HOURS: Monday-Thursday 8:30AM-4:00PM; Friday 8:30AM-3:00PM
SUMMER HOURS: Monday-Friday 7:30AM-1:30PM
For more information, please contact Administrative Secretary Lorraine Wry firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, most classes, including children's programming, are cancelled.
- Simsbury Arts Academy (SAA) is cancelled. Any registrations already submitted will be refunded as soon as possible.
- Summer School Wellness 9, Wellness 10 and Wellness 11 courses will be held. Mail-in registration only.
- The Financial Literacy class will be held online. Cost is $330. Mail-in registration only.
- PLATO for recovery classes are available this summer. Mail-in registration only.
- Students entering grades 4-7 can participate in the Summer Virtual Writing Academy (Deadline June 5th)
- Any additional updates will be posted here as soon as decisions are made.
Last year Simsbury’s CT Arts Administrators Advocate (CAAA) award went to Department of Continuing Education Dave Krum and Simsbury Friends for Music President Elisabeth Hodson. A breakfast was held on May 9, 2019 at the State Capitol in honor of these two individuals’ support for music and the visual and performing arts.
Each summer SHS teacher of Engineering David Salonia and his team present a fun and educational program called CAMP INVENTION, designed for children entering grades 1-6. Camp dates for 2021 will be posted here in Spring 2021. Summer 2020 Camp Invention has been cancelled due to the pandemic.