HJMS 1:1 Chromebook Program for Anytime, Anyplace Learning
Given the successful implementation of the 1:1 Chromebook Program at the Simsbury High School, Henry James Memorial School students are being assigned Chromebooks for use at home, as well as at school. Chromebooks have been used extensively in Simsbury Public Schools for several years since we became a Google Workspace for Education district. Chromebooks have proven to be a cost effective solution for providing students with access to vetted educational online resources and tools. Making these resources available 24/7 allows for anytime, anywhere learning and encourages students to become responsible consumers and creators of information. See the 1:1 Chromebook Procedures and Information Packet tab below for a complete description of this program.
Information on the Distribution of Chromebooks:
- Parents and students are expected to read the 1:1 informational packet prior to signing off on the insurance and Chromebook agreement forms. The Chromebook agreement sign-off is done through PowerSchool Enrollment (formerly InfoSnap), which opens annually in late July/early August.
- The morning of distribution for their grade level, students must bring in their signed (parent and student signatures) Chromebook Insurance Agreement. If opting into annual insurance (recommended) and payment was done through mypaymentsplus.com the receipt must be attached to the agreement, or please attach a check payable to Henry James Memorial School.
- Chromebooks will be distributed on the following dates:
- 8th grade will receive TBA
- 7th grade will receive TBA
- Students will watch the required videos (see below) prior to receiving their school-issued Chromebooks. Chromebooks are collected at the end of the school year.
In order to address any questions that parents/guardians may have after reviewing the Procedures and Information Packet, an informal Q & A forum will be held during an upcoming PTC meeting TBA.