Group Advocacy Project
GAP PROJECT 2019-2020
TASK ONE: REASONS IDENTIFIED FOR THE BEHAVIOR
- SIRS Researcher (username: shslibrary)
- Health and Wellness Resource Center (ID="school password")
- Opposing Viewpoints In Context (ID="school password")
- Teen Health and Wellness (username: shslibrary)
- Suggested eBooks for GAP Research (Google sign-in required)
- In Destiny, search for your health topic or substance. Choose the Power Search tab and check the box labeled "Include Online Resources" to view online resources (databases), titles (books), and Web Sites.
- Use Google Books and be sure to click on the link "Preview Available" to access lengthy excerpts and full texts.
NoodleTools to take notes and cite sources*** in APA FORMAT http://www.noodletools.com/
If you need help using NoodleTools, the directions are in The Virtual Library - How To - NoodleTools.
Resources: Materials for Completing GAP
STATISTICAL DATA AND TRENDS SOURCES
Resources: Free Internet
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention http://www.cdc.gov/
- Office of National Drug Control Policy http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/
- National Institutes of Health http://www.nih.gov/
- Monitoring the Future (For statistics, tables and figures, drug trends) http://www.monitoringthefuture.org/
- National Institute on Drug Abuse http://www.drugabuse.gov/
***In addition to creating a Reference page in NoodleTools, you will also be responsible for including parenthetical citations in your project.
"Students that have friends who drink alcohol are more likely to drink alcohol as well" (Smith, 2016).
Students identify stress as a major reason for smoking marijuana in high school (Jones, 2018).
Statistic / Direct Quote:
"Twenty-seven percent of students have consumed their first alcoholic drink before entering high school" (Cohen, 2017).
Trend / Direct Quote:
According to Johnson, "The number of teenagers in abusive relationships has doubled in the past 5 years" (2018).