How to Sign Up for a Sport
ANNOUNCING . . . FALL SPORTS REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Please complete the registration process before going to the first try-out or practice!
COMPLETE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING STEPS BEFORE GOING TO ANY TRYOUT OR PRACTICE:
1. Complete the Fall Sports Registration Form
2. Confirm with the Athletic Office that SHS has a valid physical on file for your student. Turn one if we don’t have one on file.
3. Submit the pay-to-participate fee, either electronically through My Payments Plus or by sending in a check for $175 made payable to Simsbury High School.
IMPORTANT FALL SPORTS DATES:
· June 10: Spring Registration Begins
· August 10: Registration deadline for Football and Crew
· August 12: First Day of Football and Crew practice
· August 24: Incoming Freshman Sports Information Night at 6 PM in the Auditorium
· August 24: Registration deadline for all other sports
· August 25: Fall Sports Night at 6 PM in the Auditorium followed by break-out sessions with the fall coaches
· August 26: First practice/tryouts for all other sports*
· September 1: First day of school
Please contact the Athletic Office at 860-658-0451 x190 with any questions.
*Changes in start dates as well as practice and tryout schedules will be posted on the SHS Athletics webpages.
2021 Summer Strength & Speed Program!
Simsbury High School Athletic Department is offering Summer Strength & Speed Camp again this summer! There are programs for students entering 9th grade through 12th grade. Sessions begin on Monday, June 14 and run for 8 weeks.
Please complete this registration form and submit the registration fee by June 14.
Please contact the Athletic Office at 860-658-0451 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
It's time to sign up for SUMMER CREW CAMPS
Summer Crew Camp is a great opportunity if you're interested in learning hands-on about the exciting sport of Crew! Students entering grades 6 through 9 are encouraged to register for the Middle School Camp sessions being offered this July at the Simsbury Crew Boathouse, located off of Drake Hill Road. Led by Simsbury High School Crew Coach Ann Carabillo and staff, crew camps are geared for beginners as well as advanced beginners and will introduce participants to the fundamentals of the sport of rowing.
For those who have previous rowing experience and are entering grades 10 through 12, there are intermediate level crew clinics and conditioning clinics to choose from. These are fantastic opportunities to continue skill development and to work on strengthening and conditioning in preparation for the Fall rowing season.
There are four week long session for each of the following camps:
Middle School Camp - for students entering Grades 6-9
Maximum Number of Students/Session – 17
Cost/Session - $125
High School Sculling Camp - for Students entering grades 10-12
Maximum Number of Students/Session – 5
Cost/Session - $90
High School Technique and Conditioning Camp - for Students entering grades 10-12, Maximum Number of Students/Session – 20
Cost/Session - $65
Questions? Please contact Coach Ann Carabillo at email@example.com
SPORTS REGISTRATION PROCESS Below is the step-by-step process to sign up for a sport at Simsbury High School.
The opening of registrations for Fall, Winter, Spring or Summer Conditioning will be announced at least a month prior to the start of each season. Announcements are made through the Principal's weekly message, direct emails to SHS families and SHS Daily Notices.
Please note that students will not be able to participate in their sport if they have not completed all three steps.
- Complete the Electronic Registration Form
(during open registration periods, this will be linked to the form)
- Confirm that SHS has a valid physical on file for your student or submit a copy to the Athletic Office
(please call the Athletic Office at 860-658-0451 x190 to get this information )
- Submit the pay-to-participate fee, either electronically through My Payments Plus or by a check made payable to Simsbury High School.
Questions? Please call the Athletic Office at 860-658-0451 x190