Announcements & News
SHS SPORTS KICK-OFF PRESENTATION
Mr. Pinney, the Athletic Director, presented SHS Fall Sports Kick-off Night on August 22, 2022. If you were not able to attend, please see the link to his presentation below.
2023 National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association Scholarship
The National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association’s (NIAAA) has announced the 2023 National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association Scholarship!
Purpose of Scholarship:
In accordance with the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association’s (NIAAA) purpose to promote, facilitate, and increase the knowledge and understanding of the vital role of interscholastic athletics in the educational system, this scholarship program will foster and acknowledge the partnership between the NIAAA and secondary education. The scholarships will recognize the distinguished scholastic, leadership, and citizenship attributes of high school student athletes, and the importance of high school athletics in each student’s life.
State Winners - The Connecticut Association of Athletic Directors will honor (3) males and (3) females. One male and one female will be selected to advance to the Section and receive $1000 and a plaque recognizing them as the state winners. The other finalists will receive $500 and a certificate.
NIAAA Section Winners - one male and one female will each receive a $1,500 scholarship and a plaque recognizing them as section winners
National Winners - one male and one female will each receive a $2,500 scholarship and a glass etching recognizing them as national winners
- Applicant must be a Senior
- Applicant must have achieved at least one (1) of the following:
(A) minimum of B+ average;
(B) ranked in the top 25% of class;
(C) ACT score of 24 or an SAT score of 1100 (Math and Reading)
- Applicant must have participated in two sports for at least two years in each sport
- Applicant must have earned at least one varsity letter in each of two sports
- Applicant must complete attached scholar/essay application
- Applicant must have a letter of recommendation from the high school athletic administrator/director
- School athletic director must be an NIAAA member and a member of their respective state athletic administrators association
- The principal or athletic director must sign the application to insure that the academic information submitted is accurate
- All hard copy materials must be postmarked or electronic materials sent to the NIAAA State Liaison in your respective state by February 2, 2022
Please see Mr. Pinney if you have any questions.
Live Streaming of SHS Games!
Mr. Pinney is excited to announce that we are now live streaming sporting events from the turf (Holden Field) and from the Gold Gym! You are able to view these games only with the creation of an account at https://www.nfhsnetwork.