Announcements & News
Spring Sports Registration has Started!
- Complete the Google Spring Sports Registration Form
- Print and complete the Signature Page and Emergency Form
- Bring the Signature Page and Emergency Form and your pay-to-participate fee check (or pay by credit card) to the Athletic Office
- Confirm that your current physical is on file
- Attend Spring Sports Night on March 8
Spring Sports Night is March 8
7 PM in the Amphitheater
All Spring Sport Student-Athletes and their parents/guardians are encouraged to attend!
- Learn important information about participating in sports at SHS!
- Confirm you are registered for your sport!
- Meet the coaches and trainers!
Announcing Our New Varsity Girls' Lacrosse Coach
We are pleased to announce that the Girls’ Lacrosse coaching staff has been set for this upcoming season. The new staff will include some familiar faces as Sam Zullo will assume the head coach role, with Marcy Drees moving up to become the varsity assistant and Squadron Line teacher Erica Martino taking over the role of running the JV team. Congratulations to all and we are looking forward to a great season.
Sam Zullo has been involved in coaching both lacrosse and basketball at the high school level for the past nine years. As a lacrosse coach, Sam began as the Junior Varsity coach at Suffield High School in 2011 where he lead the team to a 12-4 record while also assisting the varsity team who made a run in both the NCCC conference tournament and the Class S state tournament. In 2013 he took over the varsity lacrosse job in Suffield for one season. During that time he turned a 6-10 team into a 10-6 team qualifying for both the conference and state tournaments.
As a basketball coach, Sam has served as the girls varsity coach in Simsbury for the past 5 seasons. During his tenure, the team has compiled a record of 70 - 35 and has qualified for post-season play in each season.
Sam lives in Simsbury with his wife Caylene.
Alternate Transportation from Games
One of the requirements for participation in athletics is that all student-athletes must travel to and from contests, away from Simsbury, in transportation provided by the school.
The only exceptions are:
1) injury to a participant which would require alternate transportation,
2) prior arrangement between the participant’s parent/guardian and Athletic Director and coach for alternative transportation.
Alternate transportation must be provided by the child's parent or legal guardian.
If you need to transport your child from a contest, please complete this Alternate Transportation Request Form. Your child's coach will then be notified of the arrangement.
Simsbury High School charges admission for all evening games during the regular season.
Admission prices are:
FREE Senior Citizens
FREE Children 10 and under when accompanied by an adult
You can use your All-Sports Pass or Trojan Wall Shirt to get into all regular home games for no charge!
The CIAC charges admission to all tournament games. All-Sport Passes and Trojan Wall Shirts are not accepted for entry to tournament games.