Announcements & News
IMPORTANT FALL SPORTS DATES:
- June 10: Spring Registration Begins
- August 10: Registration deadline to be able to start football practice on August 12
- August 12: First Day of Football practice
- August 12: Registration deadline to be able to start crew practice on August 16
- August 16: First Day of Crew practices
- August 24: Incoming Freshman Sports Information Night at 6 PM in the Auditorium
- August 24: Registration deadline to be able to start practices on August 26
- August 25: Fall Sports Night at 6 PM in the Auditorium followed by break-out sessions with the fall coaches
- August 26: First practice/tryouts for all other sports*
- September 1: First day of school
Cheerleading, Boys and Girls Crew, Boys & Girls Cross Country and Football encourage new players to register up to and after their start date! Please note that students are eligible to practice once they receive an email confirming their registration is complete.
New Sculling Camp Session August 2 - 5 has just opened! Sign Up Today at 2021 SUMMER CREW CAMPS!
Summer Crew Camp is a great opportunity if you're interested in learning hands-on about the exciting sport of Crew! Students entering grades 6 through 9 are encouraged to register for the Middle School Camp sessions being offered this July at the Simsbury Crew Boathouse, located off of Drake Hill Road. Led by Simsbury High School Crew Coach Ann Carabillo and staff, crew camps are geared for beginners as well as advanced beginners and will introduce participants to the fundamentals of the sport of rowing.
For those who have previous rowing experience and are entering grades 10 through 12, there are intermediate level crew clinics and conditioning clinics to choose from. These are fantastic opportunities to continue skill development and to work on strengthening and conditioning in preparation for the Fall rowing season.
There are four week long session for each of the following camps:
Middle School Camp - for students entering Grades 6-9
Maximum Number of Students/Session – 17
Cost/Session - $125
High School Sculling Camp - for Students entering grades 10-12
Maximum Number of Students/Session – 5
Cost/Session - $90
High School Technique and Conditioning Camp - for Students entering grades 10-12, Maximum Number of Students/Session – 20
Cost/Session - $65
Questions? Please contact Coach Ann Carabillo at email@example.com
Michael's Cup Awarded to Simsbury High School
Simsbury High School's Unified Sports program was awarded the Michael's Cup for 2020! Congratulations to all the athletes, partners and coaches!
Live Streaming of SHS Games!
Mr. Pinney is excited to announce that we are now live streaming sporting events from the turf (Holden Field) and from the Gold Gym! You are able to view these games only with the creation of an account at https://www.nfhsnetwork.