Henry James Memorial School
155 Firetown Rd., Simsbury CT, 06070
Phone: (860) 651-3341 | Fax: (860) 658-3629
Principal: Scott Baker
Assistant Principal: Anjanette Belmonte
Welcome to the website of Henry James Memorial School, Simsbury’s award-winning middle school. On behalf of our faculty and staff, I would like to invite you to explore our website and learn about our many programs and the numerous accomplishments of our students. Henry James Memorial School has a proud tradition of excellence, and we are a nationally recognized Blue Ribbon School.
HJMS’s mission statement, “Connections, Challenge, Character,” is a reflection of the middle school philosophy that is essential to the experience that we provide all of our students during their time at our school. We utilize the team structure, which enables our faculty and staff to know the interests and strengths of each student, thus meeting their individual learning needs.
We support the Character development of our students through the HJ Way. The HJ Way is based on five principles: Be Respectful, Be Kind, Be Responsible, Be Fair, and Be Trustworthy. The HJ Way embodies our behavioral expectations for all of our students. These values promote positive social development, healthy peer relations, student leadership, and guide our students to become considerate, thoughtful members of our school community.
Powerschool/InfoSnap is open for the 2018-19 school year. In late July, each child's individual snapcode was emailed to you from your child's school.
- If you are missing a snapcode or have a Powerschool/InfoSnap-related question, please contact your child's school.
- For technical support during the registration process, visit the PowerSchool Community help center or click “Help” from any form page.
- Bell Schedule
- Clubs & Activities
- Documents & Handbooks
- Email Notification
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Health Services
- Library Media Center
- School Counseling
- School Profile and Performance
Click on the graphic below to download the 2018-2019 HJMS Program of Studies. (Note that due to a process to make this document ADA compliant, some graphics may not display as they do in the printed version, however, all text has been preserved.)
We offer two email notification lists to serve your needs:
1. HJ Listserv: This list issues notifications about emergency closings and report card distributions or other special messages from the principal. While you do have the ability to “unsubscribe” from this list, it is important that you remain on it.
2. HJ Daily Notices: To receive daily notices, subscribe to this email list. This email list is voluntary.
*You must provide a valid email address or your registration will not be processed. If you were included on a list from last year, you do not need to sign up for that list again; just log in to select additional lists.
(NOTE: when logging in, your username is your email address.)
ORDER A YEARBOOK
There are a limited number of 2018 Yearbooks still available for ordering. If you would still like to order yours, please bring $30 to the Main Office. Checks should be made out to the “HJMS Student Activity Fund.”
Hurricane Happenings Latest Issue (June 2018 )