- Identify and evaluate energy savings improvements, and prepare a life cycle cost analysis for major energy using facilities
- Collect and analyze existing conditions and educational needs for each school
- Develop a capital improvement and maintenance plan for the buildings for the next 10 years
- Provide a sustainable approach to address facility and educational needs over 10 years
- Develop demographic projections for the district
- Develop alternative configurations for the district
- Engage community, solicit feedback and comment, and explore responsive solutions
- Develop a long range master plan for the district
- Prepare a description of possible building space reuse to economically meet future community needs
- Prioritize improvements based on conditions, current laws, future space needs and code requirements
- Update Presentation (February 8, 2021)
- Facebook Post (May 27, 2020)
- Presentation to the BOE (May 26, 2020)
- Presentation to Facilities & Enrollment Task Force (May 20, 2020)
- Update and Recap of March 4 Public Hearing
- Presentation to the BOE (April 28, 2020)
- Public Forum Presentation on March 4, 2020 at SHS
- BOE/Facilities & Enrollment Task Force Presentation (February 25 & 26, 2020)
- Tecton Presentation to Facilities & Enrollment Task Force (January 30, 2020)
- Public Forum Follow-up Communication
- Public Forum presentation on November 20, 2019 at HJMS
- Presentation to the Board of Education on November 12, 2019
District Leadership Meetings
- Meeting Dates: 3rd Wednesday each month, BOE offices
Neighborhood/Community Input Sessions
- Tootin’ Hills School – February 6th at 6:00 p.m.
- Latimer Lane School – February 7th at 9:00 a.m.
- Squadron Line School – February 14th at 9:00 a.m.
- Central School – February 19th at 6:00 p.m.
Tariffville School – February 20th at 6:00 p.m.
Facilities & Enrollment Task Force Meetings at 6:00 p.m.:
- January 30, 2020 @ Simsbury Library
- February 26, 2020 @ SHS Room D172
- May 20, 2020 Virtual Meeting
- Public Forum March 4, 2020, 7:00 p.m. in the Simsbury High School auditorium
- Review of existing conditions, June 5, 2019
- Public Forum November 20, 2019 at HJMS
Send us an email to let us know what you think or if you have any questions about the plan.
- Minutes of May 20, 2020 Facilities and Enrollment Task Force Meeting
- Minutes of February 26, 2020 Facilities and Enrollment Task Force Meeting
- Facilities Master Plan Survey Results (February 2020)
- Minutes of January 30, 2020 Facilities and Enrollment Task Force Meeting
- November 20th Public Forum flyer
- Minutes of October 30, 2019 Facilities and Enrollment Task Force Meeting
- Tecton Presentation to Facilities & Enrollment Task Force (October 1, 2019)
- Minutes of October 1, 2019 Facilities and Enrollment Task Force meeting
- June 5th Public Forum flyer
- Tecton Architects PowerPoint Presentation (Presented to the Board of Education on April 23, 2019)
- Superintendent Matt Curtis Letter (April 2019)