Information to be acquired in preparation for the meeting:
- Who are the participants?
- Are you planning to invite anyone from outside the school system? Did you inform the school?
- What are the topics to be discussed?
- What decisions need to be made?
- Have you seen your child's psychological reports, test results in reading and math and your child's school records?
- Are you able to define your expectations about your child's learning and development?
- Are you able to define what you wish the school to offer your child?
- Are you able to express your concerns, opinions and questions about your child's education?
Information to be acquired at the IEP Meeting:
- What are the child's individual needs?
- What are the child's strengths and weaknesses?
- What are the possible placements for the child?
- If the placement is new, when will it begin?
- What are the goals for the child in this placement?
- If the child is in high school, will a high school diploma be the goal?
- Who will determine if the child is attaining enough course credit to receive a diploma?
- What supportive or related service will the child receive in this placement?
- When will this service begin?
- What test modifications should be used?
- What percentage of the child's time will be spent in regular education?
- Who in the school is responsible for the child's progress?
- Who in the school is responsible for communicating to you your child's progress?
- To whom to you speak when you have concerns about your child's education?