Simsbury Public Schools is committed to providing web resources that are accessible to all. Beginning in 2017, the district began an audit of all our published content to ensure ADA compliance in accordance with WCAG 2.0. This audit will catalog, but is not limited to, the following areas.
- Review images and links for accurate and useful tags and descriptions.
- Review posted forms and documents for legibility.
- Identify awkward or difficult site navigation.
- Identify broken links.
Working with our web host (Finalsite), corrective action will be taken. This may include:
- Training for staff.
- Replacement of PDFs and scans of documents with an optical character recognition version, or digital native version that is searchable.
- Filling or replacing descriptions for images and links.
- Fixing broken links.
Additional items may be addressed upon the results of the audit. If you have any questions or comments, please contact the district webmaster at email@example.com.