Back to School
Welcome to the 2018-19 School Year!
All of this information is available elsewhere on our website, but we have put together a quick reference for parents for these busy weeks at the start of the school year. If you have a question about back-to-school or are having trouble locating information on our website, please use the form below and let us know!
- INFOSNAP Student Information Verification
- Asbestos and Integrated Pest Management Notifications
- Bus Routes
- Community Back to School Programs
- Health & Sports Information
- School Supply lists
- Subscribe or Unsubscribe from school email notification lists
- Summer Reading Programs
- Voluntary Student Accident Insurance
Powerschool/InfoSnap is open for the 2018-19 school year. In late July, each child's individual snapcode was emailed to you from your child's school.
- If you are missing a snapcode or have a Powerschool/InfoSnap-related question, please contact your child's school.
- For technical support during the registration process, visit the PowerSchool Community help center or click “Help” from any form page.
Register for school at the Central Office, 933 Hopmeadow Street. K-12 Registration information
Bus route information is posted approximately two weeks before school starts on the district's Transportation page. The bus routes page password was distributed in the InfoSnap snapcode email you received in late July.
Available on our Health Services page:
- Sports Physical Exam and Pre-Participation Form
- Physical Exam Requirements and Immunization Information
SHS Fall Sports Information This link will take you to the SHS Athletics page, which includes team contacts and schedules. The director of Athletics and Student Activities and his staff continuously updates these pages and welcome your feedback. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the website, and make it your home page for Simsbury High School Athletics information!
*The following list has been compiled for incoming freshmen only.
FRESHMEN ONLY Basic School Supplies - August 2018
(Teachers may require additional items specific to their course.)
- Two or three three-ring binders (different colors)
- Divider folders
- Three ring notebook paper (college ruled, 8.5 x ll)
- Hole-punch (for home)
- Ruler (for home)
- Number 2 pencils with erasers
- Highlighters, thin markers
- Zipper pencil case
- Color/white index cards (3x5)
- Calculator - Texas Instruments TI-84 or TI-84-Plus (for math and science)
- Colored pencils
- Post-its and/or tabs
Go to the school website where you would like to subscribe or unsubscribe, click on "Email Notification" and follow the directions posted there. Please note that if you subscribed to a list last year, you remain on it so you do not need to resubscribe. Note also that the middle and high schools offer TWO lists, one for daily notices and the other for important notifications such as announcements about snow days or graduation updates. Parents are strongly encouraged to remain on the latter of the two lists.