Healthy Schools/Healthy Students
Welcome to the Healthy Schools/Healthy Students area of the Simsbury Public Schools website, which is devoted to providing comprehensive health and wellness information. Use the menu at right to navigate to your area of particular interest.
- Elementary Health
- Green Schools/Healthy Environments
- Nutrition and Fitness
- Web Resources
- New Panel
The annual Human Growth and Development Night took place on Wednesday, January 4, 2017 @ 7:00 pm at the Squadron Line Elementary Library Media Center. It was an opportunity to hear about the topics to be discussed with grade 5 and grade 6 students, as well as to preview the materials, view the DVDs as they relate to your child’s gender and grade, plus answer any questions.
- Human Growth & Development Resource List
- Grade 6 Human and Growth Development
- Grade 5 Human and Growth Development
Elementary Health Information Session PowerPoint (January 6, 2016) PDF
What the Simsbury Public Schools is doing to keep school environments clean and healthy. Cleaning Schools (CT Department of Public Health)
LinksThe Simsbury Public Schools is not responsible for the content of any referenced or linked off-site page. By providing links to other websites, the Simsbury Public Schools does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites. The district takes reasonable care in linking websites but has no direct control over the content of the linked sites. You should direct any concerns regarding an external link to
- Healthy Schools Network, Inc. is a national environmental health organization that does research, information, education, coalition-building, and advocacy to ensure that every child has a healthy learning environment that is clean and in good repair.
- The Connecticut Department of Public Health offers the latest local news and information on health-related issues.
- The Farmington Valley Health District is the local health department for 10 Farmington Valley towns.
- The Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Tools for Schools program is a comprehensive resource to help schools maintain a healthy environment in school buildings by identifying, correcting, and preventing IAQ problems.
For information on how your school organization can participate in a recycling fundraiser, contact Steve Twitchell (STwitchell@simsbury.k12.ct.us).