Art Education K-12
Shannon Gagne, Supervisor
860-658-0451, ext. 620 | email@example.com
The Simsbury Public Schools Art faculty has a long history of involvement in district, state and national initiatives in art education in order to develop and continuously improve an outstanding curriculum, K-12.While incorporating the traditional methods that have had great success, we have moved into three major areas that have served to structure our approach to the teaching of art; Discipline Based Art Education, Connecticut Standards for Visual Art Education, and Understanding by Design.
- Central Elementary School (Grades PreK-6)
- Latimer Lane Elementary School (Grades K-6)
- Squadron Line Elementary School (Grades K-6)
- Tootin' Hills Elementary School (Grades PreK-6)
- Tariffville Elementary School (Grades K-6)
• The National Art Honor Society welcomed its newest members at the annual induction ceremony on May 25th. At the ceremony, the contributions and accomplishments of current members of NAHS were recognized and celebrated. This year, NAHS students have successfully raised money to help fund their activities through various fundraisers, supported the theater group during this year's Winter Musical performance, and helped to sponsor a student participate in Simsbury Art Academy this summer. Prior to the ceremony, NAHS students toured the art show with members of the Simsbury Senior Center, who spoke with them about their artwork before sharing a dinner.
Where Are They Now?
The Simsbury Department of Art Education K-12 prepares students for future career and college readiness.
SHS Alumni in the News
Brian Owens (Class of 2009)
- Interview with WNPR (January 28, 2016)
- Hartford Courant article: "Celebrities in Salt" (February 1, 2016)
FormsPermission Form for Graduates